Thursday, January 05, 2006

W's Across the Board

Well tonight was an epic night of competative sports.

As some of you know I am a student coach with the women's basketball team at NWC and we had a game vs. Morningside. Morningside was rated 4th and we were rated 5th coming into today (fyi: new rankings came out today putting NW at 3rd and M'side at 7th). M'side had also won the last 2 national titles, so let's be honest...this was a big game. First things first...WE WON. The girls played hard, they handled M'side pressure decently (only 30 TO's eeeek). Jaime Hoegh was incredible shooting 22 of 25 from the cherry stripe and finishing with 30 pts. 4 other girls scored in double figures so it was awesome to have such balanced scoring! I was pretty psyched about the whole thing so when I was walking back to my apt after the game to change out of my tie and dress slacks and into something more comfortable..say jeans and a t-shirt I couldn't contain my excitement. I walked for a bit then I started skipping which turned into a slow jog...man I was hyper. So to sum things up...it was a good night for the Lady Red Raiders.

Next the NW men played. They also won...Tajuan Jackson was a stud doing a bunch of little things defensively and getting lots of easy baskets on offense as well. Chad Schuiteman played...well like Chad always plays. They also won. Recap...so far 2 W's.

Finally, the Longhorns...you bet! I picked 'em but thought that the game was up in the air. I knew either team could do it. I was surprised that USC didn't put the ball in Bush's hands for the last play...if I had the Heisman winner on my team I'd give him the ball and let him make a play, basically what Texas did for VY during the Longhorn's final possession. Well anyway...I'm happy for the Longhorns kicker too because if they would have lost by only a few pts and his field goal or extra point would have made a different then he probably would have recieved thousands of letters of hate mail. Seriously though, the dudes like 20 something...that's my age...that's a lot of pressure, not to mention it's in front of 90,000 people and millions at home...think about it...PRESSURE!

Well that should sum up the W's for tonight!
Adios,
Bdub

PS: The movie Bandits is funny...I totally watched it tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home