Tuesday, January 31, 2006

ISU Career Fair

HELLO READERS!!!

Today I went to Iowa State for a Career Fair/Expo thing. It was a good time, 6 other computer science majors and myself went. We left at 9 this morning and returned at 10:20ish this evening. It was a good time of resume handing out and soda pop drinking! Yes it is true, they had free soda and water (could the day have gotten any better!)

Well, I talked to a bunch of company's. I was mainly interested in finding companies that were looking for interns or summer work. I found a bunch and talked to all the ones I wanted to talk to. The 2 that I liked best were Thomson out of Minneapolis and Interstates out of Sioux Center(funny enough I drove 3.5 hrs to talk to a company 15 minutes away). I also handed out resume's and got business cards from a bunch of other companies which was great!

Probably one of the best things was the free toys all the companies gave out after you talk to them. I got a screw driver kit at one, a T-shirt at another, numerous pens and pads of paper from others, and I even got a nelgene type water bottle from one (from Thomson actually!). But it was a good time (So YES THE DAY DID GET BETTER!!).

So although this is a boring blog for most I still enjoyed writing about my affairs of today. PS..I'm listening to weezer right now and I am really enjoying it, I might end up listening to all of theirs CDs from the Blue album to Make Believe.

Enjoy the day (or night),
Brady aka Bdubs

3 Comments:

Blogger E Dagger said...

Wow! Sounds like a great day for a dutchman. All that free stuff, how could you not love it? When I read the first paragraph I thought, "Wow, like 6 computer science majors? NerdFest." and I was right. Still sounds like fun. You are awesome and so is your blog.

January 31, 2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

My opinion: you should definitely try to get a job at Interstates. I know of a few really cool people that will be working there this summer.

February 03, 2006 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

May 16, 2006 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home