Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Crazy talk...about God?

I am about to attempt something that I have not done before! Yes I am going to write a blog on back to back days! You should be very impressed. I am quite sure that there are only about 3-4 people who actually read my blog and to you I say "Thanks". I write my blog for you, I am a horrible writer so I cannot compete with Bryan's stories and I'm not as exciting or opinionated as Elliot so I don't have random things to write about all the time, instead I'm just me. I write whats on my mind (which in some cases is nothing). So anyway thanks again to all who read this blog.

Well, I have been reading a book called "God is closer than you think" by John Ortberg and its a pretty good book. I gives examples and also challanges you to find God in lots of different areas of life. God is probably one of the least understood things ever. I make my point by asking if I can call him a thing or if I need to use the title of creator or supernatural being or what? Well, I do believe he is both of those, but God is just interesting. Its crazy to think of the ways people say God or god is talking to them. I mean, I always get chills down my spine when I think that I feel the 'presence of God' but maybe I'm imagining it? You know? I'm sure everybody has a different way of experiencing God and that's great...we are all individuals of course! Well just reflecting on God is quite a task and one that is hard to put on paper or in this case a blog. So I won't try to go to deep only to say that he is pretty incredible when you think of what he puts up with in regards to us humans, cuz man oh man do we mess up! Part of me wants to laugh because it seems so ridiculous that he even tried to help us (or let alone create us)! Why would God send his son to earth to have him crucified to conquer death...wow. Then to be the son of God and actually follow through with it...amazing! I think its awesome that he was even able to ascend to heaven and hang out with his dad. I love the times I get to just sit around with my dad. Just think if your dad was God! Thats crazy huh! I mean God is our father too but its got a different feeling, it is but it isn't the same because of course God is what you would call perfect! Enough about my thoughts on God, I'll let you think about him for yourself for a while. I wish you all a great night and a splendid morning!

Sincerely,
Bdubs

PS...thanks again to all who read my blog, it is appreciated haha!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bdub - props to you for two blogs in a row - it is an accomplishment that i know i would have a hard time completing. nice work. your faithful reader, elizabeth :)

February 02, 2006 7:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wondered if anyone else got chills, so I guess its not all that crazy. Whenever I ask god a question whether its about the truth of a matter or an important discussion with a friend, I get major chills, a better feeling than any drug... Im starting to think the chills are whats described as "the holy spirit" and the chills are confirmation in spirit)

July 30, 2008 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home